We needed a chair for the kids’ homework desk, so I found this – the varnish was flaky and old, and the cushions were worn out, and on top of that the joints were all pretty loose, so I fixed it all up. First I scraped the old varnish off, then I glued the old joints back together, and to finish the wood I went over the whole thing with a couple coats of boiled linseed oil – it feels a lot better now. For the seat, I picked up a nice blue plush material from a remnant shop and a foam pad. I cut a plywood scrap to shape, and stapled it all together. Original on the left, finished on the right.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *